Pardon the non-baby related post, but I want to ask for prayers for two special little girls. When I worked for the Raiders, my boss was a wonderful man named Craig Long. He and his wife had their first daughter, Ava, while I was out there. Two years ago, when they were expecting their second daughter, Evelyn, Craig died unexpectedly of a heart attack. He was 37 years old.
I just heard today that his wife, Allison, passed away last Tuesday. I don't know the cause. She was 34 and very devoted to her daughters. Please be in prayer for Ava, Eve and the entire family as they try to understand and cope with this terrible tragedy.
Last night was a rough night for me. Jason is in Michigan for his grandfather's funeral, so last night was my first night alone with the babies. Between the monitors going off and each baby waking and crying at different times, I barely got any sleep. Thankfully, my mom was able to stay and at least help me with the 11:00 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. feedings.
I woke up exhausted and frustrated this morning, but this news puts everything in perspective.
Dr. Bartlett called today with the results of Karyssa's monitor download, and it was identical to Kyran's...weird! They each had 25 apnea episodes, 1/3 of which had heart rate drops. Karyssa's lowest heart rate was 75, which Dr. Bartlett said is getting close to normal for her, so that's good news!
The other piece of good news is that she said since they are gaining weight well and eating more at each feeding, we can start letting them go three and a half to four hours between feedings if they don't get hungry before then. That means a little more time in between feedings for us to work around the house, eat, nap or take them out for walks or visits!
No comments:
Post a Comment