Please say some prayers for poor Kyran and his reflux! The increased dose of Zantac never worked, so we've switched him over to Prevacid. The good news is that he likes the taste of it much better. The Zantac had a very strong peppermint taste to it, and the Prevacid is much sweeter. He kept licking his lips...it was so cute! The jury is still out to see if it works, though.
He nurses fine, but doesn't seem to want to take a bottle at all, so I'm letting him nurse for 45 minutes at each feeding, which brings feeding times back to two hours. It's not as bad now that they are going longer in between feedings, but I just want him to feel better!
It's almost as if Karyssa knows what's going on with Kyran, because she's become so laid back since he started getting fussier. She eats very well and usually sits quietly in her boppy after she eats. Thank you, my sweet little girl!
They have both started smiling more often! Kyran loves when I sing to him. His favorite song is "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music (don't laugh, another good movie!). Karyssa likes it when I get close to her face like I'm going to kiss her. They are so adorable! I've been trying to get it on camera, but they won't hold the smiles for long enough, and Karyssa doesn't seem to like the camera at all.
Kyran has also started "talking" recently. It sounds like "Ow" and "Yeah", but we can tell he's trying to tell us something!
On a different note, we can't tell you how much it means to have such great friends who bring us food each week! Since we brought the babies home, we've had at least one meal each week, and it saves us from eating frozen pizzas and grilled cheese all of the time!
My co-workers were able to raise over $600 for the March of Dimes March for Babies! They held three fundraisers at the office and a team will be walking on Saturday. Thanks to all of the wonderful people at LRADAC for supporting such a worthy cause!
3 comments:
MK smiles all the time too, but immediately stops the minute I pull out the camera. These babies are too smart!
We had MK on Zantac at first and it didn't work at all. We then switched to Prevacid and it has been terrific. I will be praying that it works for Kyran.
Aww, so sorry Kyran isn't feeling well. If you'd like help getting those smiles on camera, let me know ;-)
Awww, poor Kyran!! Zantac didn't work for Zoe Cate..now that she is older her reflux is getting much better. The babies are absolutely adorable. It's obvious mother hood agrees with you!!
Post a Comment