Pardon my plagiarism, but a fellow mother and blogger inspired today's post. Morgan Kate's mom, Heather, posted this last Friday and I hope she doesn't mind my piggy-backing on her thoughts.
Almost seven months ago on November 13, my world changed. I'll post more details later, but that day I was placed on bed rest and two days later I was admitted to the hospital in preterm labor at 24 weeks. I remained in the hospital for three weeks, then went home on bed rest for another two, before Kyran and Karyssa arrived in the world.
Life as I knew it stopped on November 13, and in my mind, it is still November of 2008. The Sunday before I went to the hospital, we had a picnic at Sesqui State Park. This past Sunday we had another picnic there. Driving down the long entrance to the park, I could have sworn it was only one week later than my last visit.
So, how did it get to be June 3???
I know that we have five-month-old twins, that it is now summertime again and that life for everyone else has gone on during the last seven months, but I wonder when, if ever, I'll feel "normal" again.
Maybe when I go back to work next week. Maybe when the babies start walking and we can go more places and do more things. Maybe when I don't have to worry so much about RSV.
Or maybe this is the new normal. If so, I suppose I'll adjust, but in the meantime, I'm going to go play with my babies!
1 comment:
I do not mind you piggy-backing one bit. Matter of fact, I am relieved that someone else can relate!
Post a Comment