Since college, my plan for having children was to have my first at 29 and my second at 32, so that they would be close in age, and the youngest would be off at college when I turned 50 and was still pretty young. God had other plans, but he did compromise a little, giving me TWO children, just two days shy of being 30.5 years old…right in the middle!
Never at any point did I dream of having two children by my 31st birthday, or even being pregnant with a second child by my 31st birthday, but I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out!
Last night, I had a wonderful dinner with my family and friends who feel like family. Sitting at the table and looking at some of my favorite people, especially my three favorite, I couldn’t help but feel extraordinarily blessed.
At 31-years-old, I feel like I am the person that I always wanted to be. First and foremost, I am a child of God. Secondly, I am the wife of an amazing, godly man. Third, I am the mother of two beautiful children. I am also a daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter and friend of some of the most wonderful people in the world.
It took me a while to get here, and I made some big mistakes along the way, but God was persistent in keeping me on His path, and I have been blessed beyond imagination for following Him. I know that I will continue to make mistakes, including a few involving my children, but yesterday I was able to focus on all of the good in my life, and how happy I truly am!
One late birthday blessing is our announcement of two new cell phone companies - Kyran Wireless and Karyssa Wireless! That's right...Dr. Bartlett called today and said that their last monitor downloads were perfect, and that she and Dr. Yajnik agree that we can discontinue their monitor use now!
I think, to make the transition easier for me (Jason was ready to get rid of them two months ago), that we are going to leave them off of the monitors during the day, but hook them back up at night. Dr. Bartlett said that would be a good plan, and that we can keep the monitors at least until their six-month check up on July 15.
In the meantime, we are going to enjoy being able to hold our babies with nothing attached, pick them up and carry them around the house without having to disconnect the monitor and dance around the room without getting twisted up in the wires!
Here are some pictures from my birthday dinner!
I think, to make the transition easier for me (Jason was ready to get rid of them two months ago), that we are going to leave them off of the monitors during the day, but hook them back up at night. Dr. Bartlett said that would be a good plan, and that we can keep the monitors at least until their six-month check up on July 15.
In the meantime, we are going to enjoy being able to hold our babies with nothing attached, pick them up and carry them around the house without having to disconnect the monitor and dance around the room without getting twisted up in the wires!
Here are some pictures from my birthday dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment