One year ago yesterday, I woke up nervous and excited, and couldn't wait to use the bathroom. I know that sounds funny, but June 29 was the day that I was going to take a pregnancy test. We had decided to wait as long as we could, so that we would know for sure that the test was right. Jason wanted to be home when I took the test, so that he could comfort me if it was another negative, or rejoice with me if it was positive.
I had been sick with a fever that week, and Jason was convinced it was going to be negative. I was tired and discouraged and ready to stop trying if it was negative, but something in me knew what I was going to see on that test.
I remember watching as two lines appeared immediately and my eyes filled with tears. I floated on air and met Jason (who had heard the toilet flush) on the staircase. He couldn't tell if my tears were happy or sad. I showed him the test and he asked, "So, two lines means your pregnant?". I said yes and he gave me the biggest hug ever.
We decided not to tell anyone until after my blood test when we would be even more sure that I was pregnant. That day at church, we kept squeezing each other's hand and sneaking little smiles, knowing it was our little secret. We had no clue that in less than six months, we'd have two babies in our lives, but I don't know if that would have made a difference or not. We were just so happy! I will always remember that day as one of the best of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment