That's about the extent of what has been going on around here. It is cold. Not to my family in NY or Chicago, but to us, it's cold. And the kids are sick. Kyran much more so than Karyssa, as usual. Karyssa has a little cough. Kyran has a big cough, low-grade fever, runny nose and is just miserable. Of course that's probably not made better by the molar he is cutting.
Yesterday he was crying and saying he wanted to cuddle. I was cuddling Karyssa at the time, so I asked him if he was throwing a temper-tantrum or if he really hurt. He replied, "I realllllly hurt...". It almost broke my heart.
Fortunately, nothing gets in the way of my kids' food or sleep, so I know they are getting the rest and nourishment they need, but I'm praying that they start to feel better very soon. Next week is such a big week!
Yesterday Mercy came over and Karyssa asked her to put her hair up. So, after a little experimentation, she put in Karyssa's first pigtails! What a doll!
Two years ago, when I was on bed rest, I would get two frequent visions in my head. One was of Kyran, as a teenage boy. We were sitting in a circle of chairs, and he was leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees. He looked like a younger Jason with a slightly rounder face, but the same short, dark hair. The other was of Karyssa, at about five years old, in the children's building at church, looking back over her shoulder at me with a big smile on her face and lots of curly dark hair. Their faces were so clear I wanted to get a sketch artist to draw them to see if they looked like that when they got older. Those images seemed like a promise from God to me, that my kids would be ok. Well, I know she's not five yet, but I swear this was the face and smile I saw in that picture of Karyssa in my head. It took my breath away...


No comments:
Post a Comment