As of today, Karyssa is 100% intervention-free! She and Kyran had their last speech therapy session (although it was really just their SLP going over the goals that they have met and exceeded and future things to look for; they just got to play with the baby dolls she gave them). We will miss her so, so much!!
In the hospital, the doctors told us the kids would most likely be caught up by the time they turned two. Karyssa actually seems to be ahead in most areas. Kyran is still delayed physically, but he makes up for it in social and cognitive ability! I'm still having a hard time believing that they will be two in 19 days, but when I really take a step back and look at them as objectively as possible, it's pretty obvious. Except for their size of course!
Speaking of size, Kyran had a doctor's appointment today and weighed 22 lb, 7 oz. That puts his "dot" touching the 3% line, so Dr. B said we can officially consider him to be on the charts! Oh my goodness! I'm pretty sure Karyssa weighs almost the exact same as him, so that would put her on the charts too!
The reason for the doctor's appointment is that Kyran woke up this morning telling me that his ear hurt. Then, after lunch, he was running a 102 degree fever. I packed the kids in the car and headed to the doctor, where I was told his ears, throat and everything else look great. She said it may be the molar he's cutting (his 17th tooth) or some sort of viral infection. Even though he's only had one ear infection, I was just sure with all of the congestion he's had that he had one this time. Dr. B said she would have bet money on it before she looked at his ears too. It's a miracle!
I hate when he doesn't feel good, but I sure do love all of the extra cuddling I get. He even fell asleep in my arms tonight, which hardly ever happens!
One last medical update...I took the kids for their hearing test yesterday and they both passed with flying colors again! It's amazing how three failed hearing screens in the hospital can make me so grateful for something that most of us have always taken for granted.
Thank you, God, for taking such good care of these children!
No comments:
Post a Comment