Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Other than the addition of Autumn to our family, our Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful, which, in itself, is something for which to be thankful. 

As usual, "Aunt" Pilly came into town and my family went to my Uncle Steve and Aunt Marie's house.  Marie is a great cook, so we know we'll always eat well there.  This year I actually contributed with something I cooked, rather than purchased in the store, and everyone loved it.  I'm not a great cook, but I do enjoy watching others enjoy food that I make. 

I woke up on Thanksgiving morning to Kyran talking in his bed.  Karyssa was still asleep, so I got Kyran dressed and we headed to the store for some last minute ingredients for the hash brown casserole I made.  While we were in the store, I kept encouraging him to say "Happy Thanksgiving" to everyone.  It came out more like "Happy Tay-giving", and it was so adorable!  One woman said she would pass out if he actually said it, and looked very shocked to hear it come out of his mouth.  I had to let her know that he's a lot older than he actually looks. 

This year at Steve and Marie's was a lot of fun.  They have chickens on their property, and several dogs, as well as a pond with lots of goldfish.  The kids just loved watching the animals, and I love that they have absolutely no fear of any dogs, no matter the size.  I will have to teach them that they can't treat all dogs as they treat Bella, though! 

They were still pretty new to table food last year, but this year loved eating everything.  Kyran did prefer the mashed potatoes, but eventually he warmed up to the other foods...especially the pumpkin pie!

We have so many things to be thankful for, but here are some photos of our two most precious gifts!



With my parents, grandmommy and grandfather

Feeding the goldfish


"Hi Dorothy", said Karyssa.  Every goldfish is now Elmo's goldfish, Dorothy!


Aunt Melissa

"Aunt" Pilly

My older brother, Uncle Jon



Karyssa actually wanted to cuddle!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX