Monday, December 6, 2010

The past few weeks have been very busy.  Not only are the holidays naturally busy, but I coordinated a Holiday Bazaar that took place this Saturday at my church as a fundraiser for our women's ministry.  It went very well, and everyone involved had a great time.  Not that I needed a reminder, but it served as a great one as to why I attend the church I do.  My women's ministry team was amazing and other church members pitched in to help with set up and tear-down.  It was all done so quickly!  I'm so blessed to have such an amazing second family!


My friend, Michelle, sells Thirty One Gifts




 
Our church has also been amazing in another way.  Our kids love it!  Saturday, Kyran and Karyssa took a late nap and when I woke them up, I asked Kyran if he wanted to eat dinner.  He said "no".  I asked him what he wanted to do, and he replied, "church", then proceeded to list all of the names of his friends and the pre-teen/teenage girls who are so helpful and wonderful with my kids.  I'm truly amazed at not only his memory of everyone's names, but also his ability to connect children with their siblings and parents! 

Last week, we also had my niece, Kahlan, here with us two days and our friends' daughter, Megan, with us for over 24 hours from Friday to Saturday after her father had surgery.  Megan is almost seven and such an amazing child!  Kyran has a new love!  It made me realize that there are definite benefits and challenges to having siblings of different ages.  Kahlan and Megan were very helpful, but they (especially Kahlan), also liked to do their own things and didn't always want babies following them around. 

I also realized why younger siblings often have less pictures of themselves.  With three kids running around my house, I didn't remember to break out the camera once! 

Here are some other pictures from the past couple of weeks:

We cleaned the couch cushions and it made the couch just the right size for them!

Silly girl!

Kyran wanted to climb through Daniel's basketball hoop...

So of course, Karyssa had to also.

Daniel was helping Kyran to walk.

One other great part of the weekend was when Kyran and Karyssa got to spend some time with Santa on Sunday.  They did so well!




No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX