Thursday, December 9, 2010

I saw the light turn on yesterday.  The one in Kyran's head that is starting to figure out this whole walking thing.  With no prompting, he has started walking back and forth between the love seat and table, and from the table to the little rocking horse they have.  His steps look steady, slow (but not too slow) and even when he loses his balance a little he's figuring out how to correct it without falling.

We've been playing lots of games that encourage him to stand with no assistance.  I stand him up in front of me for the "peek-a-boo game", where he covers and uncovers my eyes, and the "kiss game", where he leans forward to kiss me and then regains his balance standing up straight.  He has so much fun, and I think the confidence in standing has helped him have confidence in walking too.

Maybe it was the threat of those terrible AFOs again, or maybe all of the work we've been doing is starting to pay off.  For the first time, I can really believe that soon, I'll have two walking kids!

They got to meet their new cousin, Autumn, yesterday and they loved her!  When Kyran says Autumn, it sounds like "awesome", which is pretty cool! 

I'm continually amazed by how much they know, and how closely they are watching and listening to us.  Both recently have used the word "too" correctly ("Daddy coming too?", "Kyran eating too").  They also use the gerund form of words correctly (eat vs. eating, sleep vs. sleeping).  As a "grammar freak", I really appreciate these things! 

The other night, Karyssa took Jason's car key and tried to use it on the bathroom door and the door to the garage.  I can't remember the last time she saw anyone unlock a door, but it's obvious that they are taking in everything and just waiting for the right time to use their knowledge. 

We're going to attempt to get some good pictures with Santa this week to use on our Christmas cards.  If you're expecting a card from us, please forgive me if we don't get them to you until after Christmas! 

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX