Tuesday, April 12, 2011

March for Babies and Other Random Thoughts

We only have 18 days until the March for Babies on April 30!  This month is flying by! 

We will be ordering t-shirts again this year.  The front will be the same, but the back will be slightly different.  Here is the t-shirt design:

If we purchase 10 t-shirts, the cost will be $13 per shirt.  If we order 40, the cost will be $8 per shirt.  Any number of shirts between those numbers will be somewhere in between cost-wise.  So, the cost of the shirts depend on how many people order!  Children's sizes are available.  Please let me know if you want to place an order.  I need to submit the final order no later than Friday, April 22. 

We are halfway to our fundraising goal, but still have a long way to go.  Please consider clicking the link on the right side of the blog and donating to this great cause.  Every dollar helps keep babies healthy!

Also, if you're in town, please consider walking with us!  It doesn't cost anything to walk, and we had a blast last year!

Kyran's walking is continuing to improve.  He's also climbing on everything and trying to run.  Karyssa loves to jump in her crib, and is working on jumping off of the ground.  This morning, she said, "Jump, Mommy," so I did.  Then she looked at me and said, "Jump higher, mommy," so I did.  I guess I need to learn that when she tells me to jump, I need to ask, "How high?". 

These kids have decided recently that they want to play for at least an hour before they actually fall asleep at nap time.  Bedtime is not a problem, but during nap time, I actually love hearing them talk and play for a while.  I guess I need to break them of this habit before they move into toddler beds, but that hopefully won't be any time soon. 

This weekend, I served on the Executive Sale Committee for the Mother of Multiples consignment sale.  That big title just means that I signed up to work the entire sale - from 5-9 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.  Thanks to Amanda and Christina for watching the kids while I worked.  The sale was a success (I think I broke even between what I bought and what I sold), but by Saturday afternoon I was so ready to play with my kids. 

I was amazed to hear that they had yet another verbal explosion while I was gone.  I'm amazed not only by what they are saying, repeating and remembering, but at how well they are putting together their own thoughts, and how easily understood they are, even by strangers. 

Saturday night we went out to dinner with friends who had never met our kids, and whose beautiful daughters we had never met.  Dinner was fun, and the kids were very well-behaved.  At one point, Karyssa flagged down the waitress!  I think she wanted to ask for more bread, but froze when the waitress got too close.  Kyran kept making eyes at Caitlin, the oldest daughter, and when we left, he yelled out, "Bye everybody," twice, very loudly. 

It was so neat to see him looking like such a big boy with his arms resting on the table, and Karyssa looking like a little lady with her headband on and her napkin in her lap. 

I've been very bad about taking pictures during the last week or so, but I promise to fix that this week and have lots of cute pictures to post soon.


No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX