I remember so vividly finding out that Kyran had failed his initial hearing screen. And his second one. And his third one. I remember thinking about taking a sign language class, figuring out what we'd do at movie theaters, and wondering if he could hear me when I sang to him. It was a little early to begin worrying, so I was told, but every parent can relate.
They referred both of them to a local hearing center (as they usually do with preemies), and on our first visit, they both passed with flying colors! What a relief. But, they told us that hearing loss could happen at any point before they were three, so we would be back every six months to have them checked. Three years seemed like forever at that time.
It's hard to believe, but Friday was their last hearing screen...and they passed...with flying colors. Kyran did great with the first ear, but got a little restless by the second one, so it took longer. Karyssa wasn't a fan of having the ear buds in her ears, but after she calmed down, she did a great job.
It's always bittersweet being released from health care, especially since we love their audiologist so much, but I'm so glad that their hearing is so perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment