Thursday, January 12, 2012

Potty!

Last week was a cold one, by my standards anyway, and I knew we weren't venturing out of the house, so I tried something - I let Karyssa run around all day with no bottoms on. The first couple of days, I asked her about every 10-15 minutes if she had to go, and she went pretty frequently. Toward the end of the week, she was telling me when she had to go, about every two hours.

Friday, we went to their hearing screen, and I put a diaper on her, sure we'd come home with a wet one. I asked her there if she had to go, and she said no. When we got back in the car, she said she had to go. The bathroom was a long way away, so I asked if she could hold it. She said yes, but I still assumed we'd be coming home to a wet diaper. We got home and it was completely dry.

I have also been putting her down for naps in a diaper, and she has been dry every time she has woken up. Most mornings she is just slightly wet. She had one accident going number 1 Saturday night, when they had a play date with some friends. We are still working on number 2. Although she has gone a couple of times in the potty, she still prefers to go during nap time with her diaper on.

All-in-all, though, I think we have a potty-trained little girl! That was easy. Now on to her brother...

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX