I wanted to give a quick update on my friend, Jackie, who I posted about a couple of weeks ago. She will be 27 weeks with her boy/girl twins tomorrow, and has been on bed rest since her 24-week appointment.
On Sunday night, she had several contractions and was admitted to the hospital, where she has been since then. She did not react well to the magnesium sulfate. Who does, I know, but her reaction was especially bad. It did however do it's job in slowing down the contractions. She has chosen to stay in the hospital where she can be cared for around the clock.
I sat with her for a couple of hours Monday night. As if her pregnancy hasn't been enough like mine already, she is in the same exact room I stayed in for three and a half weeks. Being there brought back so many memories (especially since she also had my favorite night nurse), but it was also a weird feeling being the one in the chair instead of the one on the bed.
I was in the same chair that the neonatologist sat in when she gave us our horrifying consult at 24.5 weeks. The same chair that the nurse sat in when she taught me to use my terbutaline pump (which they no longer use). The same chair that Jason sat in every night until I fell asleep. The same chair that most of my family and friends sat in and talked to me, prayed for me or just read while I rested.
The room was freezing, and I kept my jacket and scarf on, just like my visitors did while I was on the Mag, hot with the room set at 55 degrees.
On the way there, I had a weird feeling in my stomach. I was almost scared to go back in the room. But being in there, surprisingly, brought back pleasant feelings. Feelings of gratitude for the health of my children, and hope and peace about the upcoming arrival of her babies.
Please continue to pray for Jackie and her family. She and her husband are already two of the best parents I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment