I remember so vividly that neither Kyran and Karyssa, in the NICU, could wrap their entire hand around my pinky. Hard to believe now. I actually have to look at pictures to remind myself that it's true. Everything on them was just so tiny.
Now, though, they are catching up on the charts, still in the bottom percentiles, but doing well. In both height and weight right now, Karyssa is bigger than Kyran. But not in their hands. Karyssa has sweet, delicate hands, with small bones, and Kyran has a little chubbier, stronger hands with more medium-sized bones.
I've heard that girls often grow faster than boys in the beginning, but if children's hands are an indication like puppy paws are, I predict Karyssa to be short like her mommy and Kyran to be an average height like his daddy. I guess only time will tell!
December 21, 2008 - Holding Jason's hand
Kyran
Karyssa
January 20, 2012 - With my hand
Karyssa
Kyran
No comments:
Post a Comment