I forgot how much I love sleep.
Since I've been letting the babies sleep in, they've slept a little later each day. Yesterday, when I had to wake Kyran up at 8:00 and Karyssa at 8:25 to eat, Jason and I decided to drop the 10 p.m. feeding. We fed them at 8 last night, put them to bed at 9:30 and didn't hear a sound until 6:00 this morning. After a quick reswaddling for Kyran, he fell back asleep until 7:45. Karyssa woke up at 7:00 and laid in bed quietly smiling while I slept for another 15 minutes.
Karyssa and Kyran have been worth every second of lost sleep, but now that I'm sleeping 8 hours at night again, it is definitely a nice feeling!
On Wednesday evening, Kyran spit up something that left little purple dots on his bib. My first thought was that it was his Prevacid, but I called the nurse anyway. The on-call doctor said that it wasn't Prevacid, since he'd taken it eight hours earlier, and that we should come in to see Dr. Bartlett in the morning. So, I packed up the babies and headed to the doctor, where she took one look at his bib and said, "Yep, that's Prevacid."
Oh well, it was worth the trip to get an official updated weight on Kyran - 13 lb, 8 oz!! He's gained over ten pounds since birth!
My first week as a stay-at-home mom has been busy but wonderful! We've taken three walks around the neighborhood and had so much fun playing games and singing songs. They have both been napping well and are such happy babies. I love being a mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment