There are several parent cliches that I have fallen victim to. These include watching the baby sleep, getting frustrated at other drivers, worrying that the baby is not getting enough food, etc. But as a mom, I have been experiencing thoughts I have never heard of before and never could have imagined before having kids. Please tell me if I'm crazy, or if others of you have had these thoughts and feelings.
1. I often think of my children as older than they are. They make such good eye contact and usually seem to understand me, so when they don't reason with me, I get a little frustrated.
2. I picture my children as toddlers and adults. I've had flashes of Karyssa as a 5-year-old and Kyran as a teenager since before they were born. I have also now pictured Karyssa as a bride. It would be interesting to do police sketches of how I picture them and see how far off I am.
3. I want to invent a machine that can capture touch and smell. We have pictures and videos of the babies, so that years down the road we can see and hear them, but I'm scared I'll forget what they feel like and smell like.
4. I can change diapers, give baths, suction noses and all of the other baby care things, but nothing makes me feel like a mommy as much as nursing my babies. Maybe because it's the one thing I've never been able to do with a baby before.
5. I already worry about what they hear. I know that they won't be talking for a while, but I don't like to watch TV shows with bad language, or for them to be around people who use bad words or are too negative.
6. I often wonder how babies think. They don't know a language (that we know of anyway), so what goes through their minds? I can just tell that they are thinking something, and would love to know what!
7. I have conversations with Kyran and Karyssa. Two-way and three-way conversations, where I'm the only one actually doing the talking. It helps me not miss adult conversation so much, I guess. Jason does it too, so maybe we're both a little weird!
8. I have favorite "kiss spots" on my babies. The middle of Karyssa's forehead (which I can't usually get to now) and Kyran's temple are my favorite places to kiss them for some reason.
9. The other day I was looking at Kyran and thought that he reminded me of someone. Then I realized that he reminded me of Kyran! I think that's the weirdest of them all!
So, let me know if I'm crazy, or if you've had similar thoughts or other crazy thoughts about your children.
1 comment:
My Sweet Talyse,
None of those things are "crazy" and not just because others may have thought, felt, or done them but because you do and you are a wonderful loving Mom to your sweet babies so that makes anything you do not "crazy", but, I have thought, felt, and done most of those things so if some people would call them crazy then I guess it runs in the family! :) God Bless all four of you!!!
Love,
Mom/Grandmommy : )
Post a Comment