Monday, July 13, 2009

She kissed me! She really kissed me!

I was holding her with her head on my shoulder, and then she kissed my cheek. At first I thought I might have imagined it, but then Jason, who was sitting next to us looking the other way, turned his head and asked, "Did she just kiss you?" He heard the unmistakable smacking sound of a kiss. She did it twice after that, but hasn't done it again since.

She has put her lips to my lips before this, but never with the actions of a kiss. This is so amazing to me, and quite possibly the best feeling ever!

I think this weekend was our busiest yet. Friday night we did nothing. It was nice to just sit around and relax with Jason.

Saturday morning, Jason went to work for a while, and the babies and I went for a walk. That evening, we headed over to our friends' house so that Kyran and Karyssa could play with their almost six-month-old triplets, Austin, Benjamin and Cole!

We had so much fun, and lots of actual grown-up conversation! The triplets were in the NICU with Kyran and Karyssa, and like our babies, the boys have gotten so big and are so adorable! I wish I had pictures, but with five infants in one house, it's easy to forget stuff like that!

Sunday morning after church, we headed to Lake Wateree to watch the ring bearers from our wedding be baptized. I've known their parents for almost 10 years and babysat all three boys from the time the middle, eight-year-old, was six months old. We just love them to pieces!

We left the lake and headed for our bible study. Needless to say, when we got home, all the babies wanted to do was eat and go to sleep!

Since we've dropped the 10:00 p.m. feeding, the babies have been sleeping very well. We feed them at 8, put them to bed at 9 and they normally wake up between 7:30 and 8 a.m. They are still sleeping in our room at night, but have been taking naps in their nursery and seem to LOVE it! I usually don't hear a peep from them until it's time to eat again. It's nice to be able to do things in the room while they sleep!

Tomorrow is their six-month check-up and Wednesday, we're headed up to Charlotte to get Karyssa's DOC band. I'm praying that she adjusts to it well and doesn't have to wear it for too long. Our plan is to decorate it like a crown, but we're both fairly limited artistically, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX