Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Well, I was wrong about the Fourth of July. We ended up going to my grandmother's house on Lake Murray and watched fireworks. We could see the big ones a little, but my uncle Fred always does a good job with his own, and the babies seemed to like them...until they fell asleep, that is!

On Sunday we went to church, where the babies didn't have such a great morning. Since we can't put them in the nursery, we bring them in with us, and they both got a little fussy. Jason and I both missed the majority of the service. We got home from church and took a long nap, then headed to "Uncle" Frith and "Aunt" Kerry's house to play with baby Riley!

Monday was my first official day as a stay-at-home mom, and the babies behaved very well. We took a walk around the neighborhood. They just love to be outside! I'm going to attempt to walk with them every day, but our neighborhood is one big hill, so I'm going to need some major motivation!

Yesterday, my mom and I took Karyssa to Charlotte to have the digital imagery done for her DOC band. We'll go back in one week to get it fitted, and then she will wear it for 8-10 weeks, according to the therapist.

I have been working on the transistion from our room to the nursery (for both the babies and myself). They took their second nap in it today, and seem to be ok with it. I think they like looking at each other through the crib slats! Karyssa is also getting good at falling asleep without being swaddled. Kyran still needs some work in that area!

We weighed them both at Riley's house the other day and Karyssa was 11 lb, 6.5 oz and Kyran was 12 lb, 6.5 oz, but we'll know a more official weight next Tuesday at their six-month checkup!

We've posted some new videos! One is of Karyssa "talking", one of Kyran laughing in response to Granddad Burkett and one of Karyssa lifting her head up to give me kisses! You can check them out at www.youtube.com when you search for "kyranandkaryssa".

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX