Talyse is watching her babies really play together for the first time!!! They are cracking each other up! This is, by far, the coolest thing I have ever witnessed!!!
I am a facebook junkie. I love keeping up with my friends and acquaintances by their facebook pages, and am probably one of those 12 annoying facebookers, because 99 percent of my status updates have to do with my babies.
Today, I was not sure whether to laugh or cry, so I had to let everyone know what I was doing. I had set the babies down in the boppies on our bed, facing each other, while I was pumping (yes, I still have to do that). All of a sudden, I heard a sound and thought that Kyran had started crying. I looked up from my iphone to see him cracking up laughing instead!
He and Karyssa were playing footsies, and apparently it was hilarious to him. His laugh is extremely contagious, and before too long, she was laughing right back at him. I love, love, love watching them become best friends, literally before my very eyes!
We had a very busy day today. At one point, there were 12 people in our house, including three sets of twins! First, Uncle Jon (my older brother) and Aunt Melissa (his fiancee), came to visit. While they were there, we were also lucky enough to have out-of-town visitors - my friend Michelle, her husband Tam, and their two sets of twins, almost-5-year-old Alec and Ayden, and 15-month-old Andru and Anhnika!
You may remember when we went to the birthday party for Andru and Anhnika in May. Well, this was the first time we had four-on-two (since I can't say one-on-one) time with them, and Kyran and Karyssa just loved them! Alec and Ayden are so inquisitive and all four give me so much to look forward to!
My father also came over to spend some time with us, so that made our house pretty full.
Kyran was in his jumperoo today, and actually reached for, grabbed and tried to move one of the little toys on it! He's getting so smart!
We also got good news today. Our BabyNet evaluator called yesterday with some questions about Karyssa. During her last visit, I expressed a desire that our peditrician shares with us, that they catch up to babies their actual age, not just their gestational age - meaning that we should be striving for them to do what eight month olds do, not just for what six month olds do. So, Theresa called today and said that based on an additional evaluation, they were able to make Karyssa eligible for services! Now we just have to wait until they can locate a therapist who can work with them.
Today, our babies are eight months old. Eight months old. Eight months of every day feeling like a precious gift. Eight months of praying over our children every night before bed. Eight months of savoring each moment, even the rough and emotional ones. Eight months of watching them grow and learn. Eight months that have flown by, but have certainly been eight of the greatest months of my life.
It's amazing to think how two tiny little babies can teach me so much about myself and the person I want to be. It's even more amazing how much they've taught me about God, His miracles and His love for us. Yes, watching these babies for the past eight months is truly the coolest thing I've ever witnessed!
1 comment:
That's great that Karyssa qualified. Our pediatrician and therapists believe the same thing - help them catch up to their actual age, not just gest. age. Some days it all makes sense and then other days it just frustrates me. But all in all, it's a great program and it really does help. Our therapists are great!
I bet your heart just melted watching them play. These babies are amazing!
Post a Comment