With all of the talk about RSV season coming up, and the Swine Flu still hanging around, we're trying to take advantage of every opportunity we have to get out of the house now. It's a lot of fun, but so exhausting that I actually took a 2 1/2 hour nap on Sunday!
Friday night we went back to the park to "watch" Kung Fu Panda. Again, this time we spent more time talking than watching the movie, and Marley, Kahlan and Grandmommy joined us too.
Saturday morning, we went shopping for a baby shower that I threw that afternoon for my good friend, Nina. Nina's daughter, Ella, is due on September 15, and we are very excited to be getting a new friend for Kyran and Karyssa! The shower was a lot of fun, but it was the longest I had been away from the babies since I stopped working full time, and I definitely went through withdrawal.
Saturday evening, we went to our friends' house for a get-together with our church small group to celebrate Jason's birthday, along with a few other up coming birthdays.
Sunday morning, we went to church, came home and fed the babies, and then I crashed hard.
The babies seem to like being out and they, especially Kyran, are getting much more used to other people. Kyran just loves to flirt and smile at everyone.
Every day Karyssa gets closer to sitting up, and they are both scooting, bringing their knees up under their bodies and using their feet to push themselves forward. Karyssa also realized today that she can roll to get where she wants to go. She rolled from belly to back and then back to belly to get closer to where Kyran was.
It's so amazing to watch them becoming best friends. They are smiling and laughing at each other, talking to each other and today, during their morning solids feeding, I caught them holding hands between their bumbo seats! How sweet!
I'm going to get better about taking and posting pictures of all of this stuff, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment