Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I just wanted to take a minute to write down some of the things that I'm afraid I might forget. This is my first time as a mom, but I know from experiencing other things that memories fade over time. These are a few things that I want to make sure I remember, and that Kyran and Karyssa know one day too.

1. Karyssa's skin and hair feel like silk. Her hair on top is starting to get curly, but it's still very smooth, and her skin is perfect.

2. Kyran's skin and hair feel like cashmere. He is just so soft. Holding him, I truly understand the meaning of the lyrics from Sweet Child O' Mine...His hair reminds me of a warm, safe place, where as a child I'd hide...

3. Karyssa makes lots of noises when she eats, especially when it's a food she really likes. She'll sigh right before she takes the bite, and then make an "mmmmm" sound right after.

4. Kyran and Karyssa both love to be surprised. The smile and laugh when you hide from them and then jump out and say "boo".

5. They also understand teasing. I can make mean faces at them and they just smile even bigger.

6. Kyran is in love with Bella. Karyssa loves her too, but Kyran could watch her for hours, and just smiles and laughs at everything she does.

7. Karyssa loves jewelry. She is constantly grabbing my rings and earrings. She also loves to play with my hair. Not grab and pull on it, just run her fingers through it.

8. Kyran loves to take medicine. I guess they've figured out how to make children's medicine taste good, but he gets excited about his bethenachol, gas drops and teething tablets and he really loved his Prevacid.

9. Kyran has been crying real tears since we brought him home from the hospital. Karyssa's first real tear fell three weeks ago today.

10. Karyssa gets so proud of herself when she army crawls to us and tugs at our pants leg to get us to pick her up. She gets a little proud smirk on her face, like she's getting away with something. Little does she know that we love to hold them more than anything!

Karyssa started two new things yesterday. The first is that she is now, very clearly, making the mamamamama and dadadada sounds, and this morning when she woke up, three times in a row, she said "dada"!

Secondly, she started pursing her lips together and then opening her mouth making a smacking sound, repeatedly. As far as I can tell, that's what she does to tell us that she wants a kiss. It's so sweet!

I'm sure there will be more of these tidbits as the months and years go along, but these are just a few of the things that make them who they are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this brought a few real tears to my eyes as well....i love them so much. can't wait to see you all on Friday.

Grandmommy said...

It brought tears to my eyes too! I love you and them and wish I still had all of your baby books to read!

God Bless you all!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX