Friday, October 2, 2009

As the leaves are beginning to change, so are many things in the Burkett household! We're in the middle of lots of exciting changes, and are hoping that the babies adjust to them as well as they have everything else in their lives.

Change #1:

Jason and I realized this week that Karyssa's DOC band was getting a bit tighter than usual, and pressing into the side of her face. I called and moved our appointment up from next Thursday to yesterday, and Kathy, her PT, confirmed it...she has outgrown her band! Kathy said that, based on her progress, she would not recommend another band, so we are done!

She slept fine without it last night and doesn't seem to miss it at all, which I was a little worried about. We go back in two weeks to get her follow-up pictures done, so I'll post the before and after photos so that you can see the difference. My next step is to see if I can find barrettes that she will actually leave in her hair.

I do want to say a very special thank you to the people who have helped me on our trips to Charlotte. We went up there 11 times, and I have not had to make one trip alone. Thanks to my friends Kerry, Sara and Jennifer, my cousin, Alison, my parents, and my brother, Ben, for making this so much easier on me. I thoroughly enjoyed our visits together during the trips! Jason was finally able to make the trip with us yesterday, and we loved having him there too!

Change #2:

Kyran and Karyssa have spent their last night in their bassinets. Tonight, they will sleep in their own room for the first time. I suspect this will be a harder transition for me than for them, as they are fast asleep before we go to bed, anyway. We have lowered Karyssa's crib already, and will most likely be lowering Kyran's soon.

Change #3:

The height limit on their infant seats is 26 inches, and Kyran was 25.5 inches at their last appointment, so we are shopping for new car seats this weekend. We think we know which ones we want, but are going to check out how they all feel. Since they will most likely be in these for a while (4'9" or 80 lbs, which I don't think I was either until the 7th grade), we want to make sure they're going to be comfortable in them.

We're going to get the "all-in-one" seats, that will take them from rear-facing to forward-facing to booster seat, so hopefully these will be the last seats we have to buy for them.

Change #4:

We're slowly letting them try new foods, but they are still unsure of most of it. They did love their bread sticks and pizza crusts at Pizza Hut yesterday, and Kyran was really able to gum the bread until it was soggy and then eat some pieces of it. Karyssa was just happy that we let her put something aside from a toy in her mouth.

Change #5:

Since we sleep upstairs in the house, it's usually a little warmer up here and the babies have been sleeping in onesies. With the chilly nights we've had recently, we've decided to break out their pajamas again. They really seem to like being in them, especially Kyran, who just smiles when you put any kind of pants on him. Here are a couple of pictures of our cutie pies!


Smiling at Daddy



Hopefully not a sign of things to come!




And, as promised, a few of the nursery:



1 comment:

Jennifer Bledsoe said...

I love the nursery pics!!! All the changes are sooo exciting!! Time has flown by lately!! :)

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX