Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This weekend we took our last trip for a while. We went down to Charleston to spend some time with our friends Michelle and Tam, and their two sets of twins. I know I've mentioned the Masterson family before (they have a blog link on our sidebar also), but I wanted to say how blessed we are to have them as friends.

I met Michelle on the elevator of the dorm where I lived my freshman year. Somehow I ended up in an upperclassmen dorm, and didn't really get along with my roommate. Michelle was 23 and I was 18, but from a conversation in the elevator that day, we forged a friendship that has lasted 13 years!

We've been through a lot together. My father was even their wedding photographer ten years ago. Now, Michelle is my twin guru and still one of my best friends.

We had the 10 of us in a two-bedroom condo, and, although a little crowded, we had a blast! Her older boys just loved entertaining Kyran and Karyssa, and the babies loved being entertained. Her 16-month old boy/girl twins give us so much to look forward to in the next several months! I'll have a picture from this weekend up soon, hopefully.

Sunday night, when we arrived at the house, we put the babies down for some tummy time and Kyran started showing signs of wanting to army crawl like Karyssa does. He can scoot a good bit on his back already, and while on his tummy can push himself forward with his feet, but last night he was using his arms more. Please God, help me when I have two very mobile babies! Karyssa can get anywhere now (aside from up the stairs), so we have to watch her every second already.

I think the biggest piece of news is that yesterday, while I was feeding the babies lunch, Kyran started crying. He never cries while he's eating, unless it's because the bites aren't coming quickly enough, so I knew something was wrong. As I looked at him a little more closely, the reason became apparent. We have teeth!!! His two bottom teeth are coming through!

I must have looked like a crazy person jumping around the house singing a silly made up song about teeth! I never thought it would make me so happy, but for some reason, it really did.

He was extra fussy yesterday, but not so bad today, and he slept fine last night, so maybe the teething won't be so bad. He seems to like the teething tablets, and I think they do help. We also got some Orajel tonight, just in case we need it.

Today, we got to spend a wonderful day with Aunt Melissa, my older brother's fiancee, and then we got to go to dinner with her and Grandmommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! How exciting about Kyran's teeth! That is great news.

We purchased the Evenflo Symphony 3-in-1 seat. We got it from Babies R Us. We were looking for a seat that did everything. She's not quite big enough for forward facing, but definitely needed something larger. So far it has been great! It was a little difficult figuring out how to strap it in as a rear facing seat, but I think it's because we were so excited.

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX