Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another Saturday! The weeks are flying by!

As I had hoped, this was a pretty uneventful week as far as the babies are concerned.

As the physical therapist suggested, Kyran has been doing lots and lots of tummy time over a swim noodle. This seems to be helping his stamina, although I'm not sure how much he's really using his arms. He seems to have stopped rolling from back to belly, and he's not reaching for things as much as he had been.

I know that the goal is to strengthen his upper body in preparation for sitting and crawling, but I will admit I'm a little frustrated to see that he seems to be regressing in certain areas.

Socially, though, he continues to shine! He just loves people and loves to smile! He's also making sounds that are starting to sound more and more like words and less like babbling, although he still loves to babble!

Karyssa is rolling EVERYWHERE! I'll put her down under the activity gym to nurse Kyran, and when I look a minute later, she's rolled two feet away from the gym. She is using her hands so well. One morning this week, I held her over her bassinet and told her to pick up her paci. She reached down, picked it up and put it in her mouth seemingly without any effort at all.

The biggest news with her is that yesterday, she sat unsupported for about a minute!!! She's still using the tripod stance to sit for the most part, but she was holding the Leapfrog doll and sitting up with him for quite a while yesterday! It's so hard to believe our baby girl will be sitting on her own soon!

While she loves to smile at us, her smiles are much more reserved. I tell people that when Kyran sees someone, he thinks, "She's pretty!" and smiles at her. When Karyssa sees someone, she looks at them very seriously and thinks, "She's pretty. I think it's because her eyes are brown, her hair is long, her teeth are white, etc."

It's so amazing how different, but equally amazing, these twins are! Our prayer is that they continue to develop very individual personalities, but the same love for family, life and our Savior, who continues to bless us every day!

I realize I may have failed to mention before now that we have two cats. Jason is not their biggest fan, but the babies love them! Karyssa loves to pet our friendly, orange cat, Tang! That's Mercy (my mother's helper) holding Karyssa!



They love to be close to each other...you can tell by Karyssa's smile!



Here is a comparison to show how much they've grown in the last six and a half months!


February 14, 2009


August 26, 2009

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX