Friday, September 18, 2009

I realized that with all of my updates from the beach, I left out a very important part of our trip...our stay at Granddad Burkett's house!

We left on Thursday night when Jason got home from work and drove until about 3:30 in the morning. We chose to drive at night so that the babies could sleep the whole time, but I'm not sure we thought about what the lack of sleep would do to us.

On the way back, we drove from 9:30 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., and it definitely wore us out! Between babies waking up, waking up to check on them, using the bathroom, etc., I hadn't slept through an entire night since before they were born...until the last three nights, when I don't think a truck driving into our house could have woken me up.

Of course part of that was the fact that I was sick for the first time in over a year. That's right, me, queen of colds, went over one year without being sick, and forgot just how awful colds can be! It seems as though I caught what the babies and Jason had, but it just lasted longer and happened to fall right during our vacation.

But I digress.

Although the stay at Granddad's got off to a little bit of a rough start because of the late hour when we arrived, we had a busy day of shopping and getting ready for the beach.

We also had some very special visitors that evening. The babies' great-aunt Carnell (Jason's mom's sister), and two of her children, Dean and Mariah, came to visit us, loaded with presents and clothes for the babies! Here are some pictures of their visit.



The babies also got to sit on the riding lawn mower with Granddad (yes, I'm too paranoid to have them actually ride it!).



After this trip, I think I now know the true meaning of "everything but the kitchen sink!"



It just clicked yesterday. Not only do we have a "creeper", we also have a "sitter". Enjoy the videos of Karyssa sitting and playing and Kyran working on his tummytime and playing!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! And a big boy! Each day they do such amazing things!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX