Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We had another very busy and exciting weekend, and the babies are feeling much better!

On Friday evening, we took the babies to their friend Daniel's second birthday party! On Saturday evening, we went to our friend Tony's 41st birthday party! Quite a difference in age, but no difference in how much fun we had at both, and the amount of people who just love Kyran and Karyssa!

It's so weird to think that in less than four months, we will be celebrating their first birthday!

We're hoping that this is a quiet week for the babies, although I have lots to do! I'm finally going to get my hair cut on Wednesday, for the first time since before the babies came home! I'm just getting a trim, no mommy haircut for me yet.

Speaking of mommy cliches, though, I am now a full-time mini-van mom. I sold my Celica on Monday. It was bittersweet watching my dream car drive away. On one hand, I'm so happy to have the need for a mini-van, and to have gotten such a great car for such a great deal. It certainly does make life easier.

On the other hand, I will miss driving around in my fun, cute car with the sunroof open and the windows down.

For the last week, the babies have had all of their solid foods in their high chairs. The physical therapist recommended that we stop using the bumbo seats, because she says they promote bad posture and the seperation of the legs, so we moved them to the high chairs and they seem to be doing very well!

Over the past several days, Karyssa has decided that she doesn't want to eat anything except for peas, carrots and green beans...what a perfect child, right? What a stubborn child is more like it. If I try to feed her anything else, she clamps down and then gets a little closed-mouth grin on her face, like it's a game that we're playing.

She also has fits of giggles when I swaddle her now. Every once in a while, they both like to be swaddled during their naps. When I swaddle her, though, she starts to laugh, as if she's saying, "Look, I'm pretending to be a baby again!" It's so cute!

Also, based on the PT's recommendation, we have started using a swimming "noodle" for Kyran during tummy time, and it really seems to help him use his arms more! We're hoping to see much more progress from both of them in the coming months.

Yesterday, the babies and I had our first non-medical related outing with just the three of us. We went to Hobby Lobby to pick up the last letter that we need to finish the letters in the nursery (finally!). Jason has been hard at work staining them to match the furniture, so as soon as we're done, I promise we'll post pictures of the completed nursery!

Please continue to be in prayer for my friend, Angelica, as she started her radiation and chemotherapy yesterday. I will keep you updated on her progress as well.

Here are a few high chair pics:

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX