Thursday, April 8, 2010

As the babies are getting more active and napping less, the days are getting much more hectic.  It's easy to get so caught up in the rush of the day, that I sometimes forget what it's all about. 

Yesterday morning, while walking around our neighborhood, this song came on my IPOD.  I bought this CD a few years ago, before I got pregnant, and I remember listening to this song, crying and wishing for children of my own.  It was exactly what I needed to hear yesterday, and I think the moms who read this blog should listen to it and know he's singing to you!



Here are the lyrics:

You're up all night with a screaming baby
You run all day at the speed of life
And every day you feel a little bit less
Like the beautiful woman you are

So you fall into bed when you run out of hours
And you wonder if anything worth doing got done
Oh, maybe you just don't know
Or maybe you've forgotten

You, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time

With every "I know you can do it"
Every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain over time
They become a river

And you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time

1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

I still have the lyrics to this with the pictures you put together for me framed in my house. It fits you very well now too!! Love you1

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX