Saturday, April 3, 2010

Over the last few days, Karyssa has taken a few bites of her lunch, and then it looked like she would just push the spoon away when I went to feed her.  She's done a similar thing before, and I attributed it to teething for the first day, but after a couple of meals, I realized she wasn't pushing the spoon away, she was trying to grab it!

I got one of their plastic spoons and gave it to her.  She played with it for a few minutes, then, with a little help, got a small spoonful and put it in her mouth.  After I helped her a few times, she took the spoon herself, patted the food to get some on the bottom of the spoon and got it into her mouth all by herself.  So, now, we have a very, very messy child at mealtimes, because she wants to feed herself. 

It has become apparent over the last few weeks that, although she is much more physically advanced, Karyssa looks to Kyran to be the leader.  She sometimes watches him for his reaction to things before she will react.  Oftentimes, she has waited until he does something, and then it's like the light turns on.  She thinks, "I can do that,"  and then she does it, usually more efficiently than he has. 

Kyran will still occasionally put his fingers in his mouth during the day.  Usually it's when he's tired, and we always pull them out.  Well, Karyssa finds this hilarious, and starts pretending to suck her fingers so that we will pull them out of her mouth.  I'm trying very hard not to laugh when she does this, because we don't want her to develop the finger-sucking habit as well. 

We are so excited about Easter tomorrow!  It will be the first time that we put the babies in the nursery, and the first time in about six months that Jason and I will be able to sit in a service together!  We're also excited to spend some time at G.G's house and have some friends over tomorrow evening!

Here are a few recent pictures:


Just chillin' after a nice walk


Out to lunch





Our sleeping babies!

I think he looks just like Jason in this picture!




No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX