Come again another day.
Since I'm not a fan of rain, I've always wondered when that "other day" should be. I recently decided that day should come right after the pollen comes, so for the past few weeks, I've been wishing for rain. I guess I wished a little too hard, because it did rain, right on our March of Dimes walk!
Although it was wet, it was also cooler, which made the walk a little more comfortable, and our whole crew came out and walked anyway! I was going to get an after-shot of the group, because a couple of people came late, but everyone scattered when it rained, so I never got an official picture. This is not the whole group, but it's almost everyone.
We had such a great time, despite a little rain. We even got to see Morgan Kate and her family!! What a beautiful and amazing child she is!
Heather Callahan and me
I submitted photos of Kyran and Karyssa for Ambassador Alley, which was a collection of signs of the babies being represented in this walk. It was heartwarming (and a little heartbreaking) to see all of the pictures of the miracle babies.
Our grand total was $515 and 17 walkers, not including Queso the golden retriever. My father and aunt also represented us in New York, as my dad ran 100 miles and my aunt biked along with him, both wearing their Team Kyran and Karyssa shirts! I'm already looking forward to next year!
Elaine and Queso
Magnolia in her rain gear
"Aunt" Pilly
Kahlan keeping Karyssa and Kyran dry
Kyran liked Grandmommy's umbrella!
Marley and Kahlan in the wagon
Emily helped pull the wagon
So did Kevin (who, with his wife, Sara, had already run a 5k that morning)
That afternoon, we enlisted three shifts of babysitters, and Jason and I went to watch our friends Amy and Robert get married. The ceremony was beautiful, and the bride even wore her mother's gown!
We had plans the next day to go to the NICU reunion, but Karyssa woke up with a cough, so we decided it was best to stay away. We missed seeing the doctors, nurses and RTs so much, but we are planning a visit soon, now that both kids are healthy.






No comments:
Post a Comment