We started our Easter weekend on Friday evening by having Grandmommy babysit while Jason and I watched The Passion of the Christ with our small group from church. What an emotional and amazing reminder of what we celebrated this weekend!
On Saturday, we went to the zoo again, and realized that Kyran has pollen allergies. His poor nose hasn't stopped running since Saturday! Our whole city is covered in a blanket of yellow dust, and yesterday it actually looked like it was raining pollen. I think this is the worst I've ever seen it.
Yesterday, we got up, fed the babies, got everyone dressed and headed to church as the Burkett family for the first time since last October! The babies stayed in the nursery, but I did end up staying with them. With ours, there were five mobile babies and only two adults scheduled to work, so I stayed for an extra set of hands. They did very well around the other kids, and only got fussy towards the end when they were getting tired.
We were in a hurry before church, and they were so tired afterwards that we didn't get the greatest pictures, but here are a couple:
A little blurry, but they're both smiling!
After a quick meal at home, we left for my grandmother's house. We ate a great meal and spent some time with my grandmother, her new friend and my cousin Alison. Alison's dog Herbie was there, and Karyssa and Kyran just love Herbie! He is a little afraid of them, but did warm up after a while. Apparently, Karyssa thinks Herbie's name is hilarious, because every time we said it, she broke out in fits of giggles!
We headed home, put the babies down for a quick nap (although they didn't really sleep) and got ready for dinner with some friends from church. Their 10-month-old, Magnolia, gets along well with Kyran and Karyssa, and they had a blast playing while we ate and had great conversations.
After our friends had left, and Karyssa and Kyran were asleep, we watched the Red Sox/Yankees game, which didn't start out well, but had a great ending! I love baseball season!

No comments:
Post a Comment