Thursday, October 14, 2010

Amazing Rescue

I was a little mesmerized yesterday watching the miners be rescued one at a time, up over 2000 feet in that little capsule, after 69 days trapped in a cave.  I thought maybe after watching the first couple, that it would get old, but I got chills every time. 

I started thinking about it, trying to imagine what it would have been like and how life-changing it was for them.  It really put it in perspective when I realized that they were trapped in a dark mine for 15 days longer than my children were in the NICU.  Wow, did that feel like an eternity, and I was able to sleep in my own bed, eat warm food, use a toilet, shower, hug my husband, touch and hold my children, talk to my friends on the phone, see the sunlight, and so many other things that I can't even name them all. 

It really reminded me how fortunate we are.  There are so many little things I take for granted every day.  Everything from food, to transportation, to shelter, and to the fact that my heart continues beating.  I am so blessed, and so are you, my friends!

Matthew 5:3-12

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bledsoe said...

Very well said Talyse!!! Thanks for posting!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX