Here are a few more things that my kids are doing that I never want to forget!
1. We always pray before meals. They have been putting their hands together, bowing their heads and saying "Amen" at the end for quite a while now, but in the last month, they've started saying "God" after we say "Dear".
2. Speaking of Amen, they have both started saying "Amen" instead of "the end" when we get to the ends of books. I guess I need to figure out how to teach them the difference between a book and a prayer.
3. This morning, Karyssa had come in the bathroom with me and closed the door all the way. She asked me to open it, and I told her that she'd have to use the door knob. She looked up at the door knob, realized it was too high, looked back at me, smiled and knocked on the door!
4. Speaking of the bathroom, for several months now, we've had a potty in our downstairs bathroom. They have always liked to sit on it with their clothes on, but over the last few weeks, they've started asking to go poopy and pee-pee (Karyssa more so than Kyran). Karyssa has never actually gone while she's on the potty, but has gone shortly after. Kyran has used it a couple of times, but only when we catch him and put him on it. I think Karyssa just likes to wash her hands after she "uses" the potty! I'm in no hurry to potty train them, and if they can train themselves, all the better! I guess I should read up on it a little, though, for when the time is right.
5. Kyran loves to answer the phone. As you know, we recently got our first home phone in many, many years. Although we are on the no-call list, we still get telemarketers calling the house. So, when it's a number I know is a telemarketer, I let Kyran answer the phone. He'll say "Hello", "good" when they ask him how he's doing, and "bye bye" before he hands the phone back to me. He also says lots of other things, sometimes they make sense and sometimes they don't, but I love listening to the salesperson at the other end and seeing how long they'll stay on the phone!
6. Karyssa is becoming my little gymnast. They both love to somersault (which is more like putting their heads on the ground and then rolling to the side), but Karyssa has also recently taken up the balance beam! Take a look (if you listen carefully, you can hear her saying "walking, walking")!
7. Kyran looked at me today with the sweetest face, and said "Let's go to...Daddy...work". So, I think we'll plan a trip to Jason's office for sometime this week!
8. Karyssa is becoming so considerate of Kyran. Not that she doesn't still take things from him, because she does, but she'll usually "trade" him something now. Also, when I'm feeding them, she always wants Kyran to get the first bite, pointing to him and saying his name. She'll pat his back when he cries and put the food she doesn't want on his high chair tray. She has also started doing tasks for him that I ask him to do, so I'm a little worried that her thoughtfulness may hinder his development a little. I want to encourage her to be sweet, but also continue to motivate Kyran to walk.
9. Speaking of walking, (like my segues?), he is still just taking a few steps at a time, but his balance, step length and foot placement are getting so much better! His physical therapist is always impressed by his improvement from week to week.
10. Karyssa is cutting all four of her molars right now, but you'd never know it unless you look in her mouth. Kyran is cutting his four eye teeth, and you'd think it was the end of the world. He's a tough boy, but the teething has been rough on him. She's now up to 12 teeth, and he's at 16!
11. They both love to sit on my lap and read books. They'll say "Lap, please" and then turn around a plop down. If Kyran is already on my lap, Karyssa will often plop down in his lap! I've shown them numerous times, that Mommy has two laps.
12. They're new favorite game is Ring Around the Rosie. Karyssa sings "Ring around rosie, pocket", I fill in "full of posies", Kyran says "ashes", I fill in "ashes, we all fall", and they both yell "down" together! Then they say "again!" and we do it all again!
13. They've started requesting certain books. "Hat book" is Blue Hat, Green Hat, by Sandra Boynton. "Jingle Bells" is the Jingle Bell Christmas book. "Elmo book" is any book with Elmo in it (same goes for "Abby book" for Abby Cadabby). And of course, "Bible" is the children's Bible that they have. I just love that they recognize Jesus in pictures now!
14. They both said "Happy Birthday" to Aunt Harmony on the phone yesterday. It was so cute! My "baby" sister turned 30 yesterday...so hard to believe. Happy birthday, Harmony!
15. Kyran "sees" Aunt Tammy and KK everywhere. Every curly-haired kid is KK and a little red-haired girl and Jessica Biel have now been Tammy. He loves to say their names!
No comments:
Post a Comment