Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 15

November 15 has always been a special day for me.  It marks the anniversary of the birth of my great grandmother, Silvia, whom the babies got to meet in August.  She turned 95 yesterday!  One of the cool things about yesterday was to see how many people wished her a happy birthday on Facebook.  Yes, that's right, my 95-year-old great grandmother is on Facebook.  Now how many other great-great grandmothers out there are on Facebook?  I wish you could all meet her, because she is truly amazing!

November 15 now, though, also marks another anniversary.  Yesterday was two years from when I was admitted into the hospital in preterm labor.  While that day was scary and horrible when it happened, I now celebrate the day and the five weeks that followed.  Two years ago, the next five weeks meant brain development, lung development, doubled weight gain and so many other things for which I am so thankful. 

One of their favorite new words is "cuddle".  If I'm sitting on the couch, they'll come up to me, raise their arms and say "cuddle".  Oh my gosh, my heart just melts.  We'll just sit there on the couch, with one on each side (because when one asks for it, the other does too), and cuddle.  Sometimes Karyssa will lay her head over my stomach and onto Kyran's lap.  So, so precious!  I just want to freeze time and stay there forever.

Yesterday, we headed outside to enjoy the 70 degree weather.  The kids love to climb on the railroad ties in our yard and I guess they both got tired and wanted to relax a little. 







Their recent play date with Riley

They loved to sit on the toy box.

Come back here, you!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX