You may have noticed that it's been quite some time since I posted a New Word Wednesday blog. That's because I simply can't keep up with them anymore. I would literally have to follow them around with a pen and paper and write constantly. Their vocabulary and understanding have come so far in the last few months, and every day I'm shocked by something new that they've learned or a new association that they have put together.
Apparently, I'm not the only one who has noticed.
Sarah, their speech pathologist, had to cancel their session yesterday because her own one-year-old daughter was sick. When she called to cancel, though, she had some exciting news. After going through their files and looking at their progress, they only have two more sessions with her! She said there are a couple of things she wants to be sure about, but that they have met all of their age-appropriate goals. She also set several goals that were 3-5 months past their actual age, and they are meeting many of those as well! She has said all along that she wants to have them well ahead of their actual age by the time she graduates them, and she thinks they are there!
I'm sad about losing my Friday mornings with Sarah, and I know the kids will miss her, but I am also so happy. I'm happy for another free morning that we can go on play dates or sleep in a little (Karyssa slept until I got her up at 9:30 this morning). I'm happy that my children are meeting and exceeding milestones. I'm happy that now, Karyssa will be COMPLETELY THERAPY FREE!!!!! And just before her second birthday.
They are growing up so fast and, while sometimes I want to stop time, I feel so blessed to be able to watch them learn and grow, and learn from them, every day!
1 comment:
That's awesome, awesome news about how they're progressing! Yay, babies!
Post a Comment