I love Kyran for his shy, flirty smile, his big bear hugs, his "happy squeal", his "I'm in pain" cry, his warm eyes, his passion for food, his soft skin, his long eyelashes, his determination, his resilience, his patience, his belly laugh and far too many other things to name.
I love Karyssa for her big, bottom-teeth-showing smile, her tiny lips, the way she lays her head on my shoulder before bed time, because she knows I'll hold her a little longer, her angry cry, her delighted giggle, her dark, curious eyes, her silky skin, her I-can-do-it attitude, her persistence, and, again, far too many other things to name.
OH MY GOODNESS! In a year when it seems like so much has changed, every word of this is still true! Their basic personalities and features have not changed at all. Of course, now there is even more to love about them, but it blows my mind that, at 11 months, they already had themselves figured out.
Kyran still has his shy, flirty smile. Now when he smiles, though, he adds a wink and a "hi gorgeous" or a "yo baby". He still gives big bear hugs, but now, he asks for them...a lot! He still squeals in delight and cries a devastating cry when he's in pain. He is a bottomless pit who would never stop eating until he fell asleep if I let him. He is the most determined child I have ever met. I've never known a child who works so hard and gets back up after falling so many times. He demonstrates his patience time and time again, and he still has such a hard belly laugh that he usually ends up coughing.
Karyssa still shows her bottom teeth when she smiles, although now you can see her top teeth that have come in too. She still cuddles before nap time and bed time, because we've proven we will always hold her longer when she does. She is a master at throwing a temper tantrum, with her angry cry, but now knows that we aren't going to give in, so it only lasts a minute or two. Her giggle reminds me of Boo in Monsters Inc. I feel like she could light up the world, if electricity were powered by children's giggles. She is so independent and does not like to ask for help. She will try something many, many times before she gives in and asks me to help her do it.
Amazing...
They are such sweet kids who love each other so much. One of Karyssa's favorite things to say now is "Kyran's turn". She is (usually) so thoughtful of him, and understanding of the fact that he doesn't walk much on his own yet. Kyran, though, will not let himself be outdone. Other than walking, there is nothing that Karyssa can do that he can't. He climbs on everything and can get into anything.
I look at these amazing children and I think of what their outcome looked like two years ago. I am in awe of God's works in my children, of His blessings on their lives and of His heart that shines through their eyes.
Karyssa and Kyran, I love you more than you will ever know. I am so proud of you and honored to be your mommy. You have changed my life and the way I look at everything in it. I thank God for you every day.
What my kids do best now...get into everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment