Monday, January 31, 2011

Forget Me Nots

1.  Last week, Karyssa slowly scooted over to me on the couch, to where she was pushed up against my side, looked up, said "cuddle mommy," and put her arm around me!  The next morning, she did the same thing, but then looked up and said "Love you."

2.  They are both so sweet about spontaneously telling me they love me or giving me kisses! 

3.  Earlier this week, I asked Kyran a question.  Usually, his answer is "okay" or "yep".  This time, he said, "Yes, yes ma'am."!  Oh my goodness, he's learning manners!  He's done this several times since then too!

4.  Karyssa is a disrobing queen.  Most mornings and days after their nap when I come in, she is naked or in the process of becoming naked.  The snaps on her pajamas can't hold her in anymore.  I generally get the warning that this is happening, because she and Kyran are both laughing hysterically.  However, when I walk in the room, Kyran immediately stops laughing, wags his finger at her and says "No, no Karyssa.  Don't do that!". 

5.  Kyran went up to our row of movies last week, said "Veggie Tales" and proceeded to pick out the Veggie Tales video that only had writing on the spine, no picture.  Now, I know he's not reading, but the fact that he's recognizing word marks is pretty impressive to me!

6.  They are such creatures of habit.  They know after they wake up, they get milk.  They know after Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street they get their banana.  They know after Sesame Street, I get my snack of cheese and a granola bar.  They know their entire bedtime routine by heart.  Karyssa has even started to remind me to pray before meals if I forget.  It's just amazing how much they remember!

7.  Tuesday morning, Kyran picked up the remote control, hit the info button and scrolled down to ETV, where he hit select and yelled out "Dinosaur Train" when he saw what was on TV.  I'm pretty sure this was an accident, because he hasn't done it again.  Another possible accident was last weekend on our way home from Charlotte.  We went past the exit we usually take to go home, because we had to go by the store.  As we passed it, he kept saying "No home, no home."  Who knows?!?

Last week, on Thursday, we had a play date with my friend, Erin, and her kids (Jack, almost 2, and Greg and Callie, 2.5 months).  The kids had so much fun with Jack and just loved seeing the little babies.  They also got to meet Baby Cullen (Daniel's brother) last week, and we babysat for Autumn on Friday.  Boy did we have our fill of babies...and it was wonderful!!

Cullen - 8 hours old!

A hug for Jack...

...and a kiss!

Autumn is a great sleeper!

And so much fun when she's awake!

On the way home from visiting Cullen at the hospital, Bruno Mars' song, Just the Way You Are came on.  I was amazed to hear how well Kyran was singing along to it!  I finally caught it on video.  Check him out!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I loved your entire post and all the wonderful things they are doing, but that video of Kyran singing was THE best!!! Thank you for sharing! I loved it!!! Such a sweet boy!

Heather Downer said...

that video is HILARIOUS!!! You should totally send that somewhere! :)

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX