We were supposed to have their two-year appointment last Tuesday, but with the snow and ice, we had to reschedule to today.
Dr. B. is very pleased with their progress, although she did refer Kyran to a developmental pediatrician who will look at him to make sure we're doing all we can for his increased tone (the reason he is not walking primarily at this point).
Here are the stats:
Kyran is 23 lb, 7 oz, which puts him in the fourth percentile! Neither of them has ever been on the chart for height or weight before, so we are very excited! He is 31.5 inches tall, which is still below the third percent, but his head is in the 31st percentile, at 48 cm!
Karyssa's head is in the 48th percentile at 47.5 cm. She is also 31.5 inches, just in the third percent. The most exciting news is that she is 24 lb, 6 oz...which is the 18th percentile!!! I had to ask the nurse if it was an 8 or an 18, and she confirmed it was an 18! I nearly passed out!
The people that I've mentioned these stats to don't believe me. Karyssa looks smaller and feels lighter. I think most of her weight is in her leg muscles, and the more Kyran walks, the more his will develop and I have a feeling he'll outweigh her again by this time next year.
She is very happy and encouraged with their progress and was very excited to see Kyran walking! Normally, the next well check-up would be three years old, but she wants to see them back in July so that she can see him walking everywhere!
When I think about where they came from, it's so amazing to me to see how far they've come. We have these two healthy, happy two-year-olds and we couldn't be more proud of our children!
1 comment:
So glad they had such a great appointment. I can't believe Karyssa is a pound heavier... and it's great they are both making an appearance on the charts! :)
Post a Comment