This week, Karyssa has a new favorite game...counting to ten!! She leaves out 4, but says everything else in order. She gets more and more quiet as she counts, to where she whispers 9 and 10. It's so cute!
Now, when my kids do such great stuff, everyone compliments me. "You do such a great job with them." "You must work so hard." I'm not saying this to brag, just the opposite, in fact. I don't really do much, my kids are just very observant and have great memories! Honestly, I usually just say something a couple of times, or sing a song a few times, and they pick up on it and remember it.
I love my kids, and I do think I'm a good mom, but I'm also sort of a lazy mom. I think that's why I haven't pushed the potty-training. I'm waiting for them to do it themselves. Based on everything else they do, I feel like it's just a matter of time before they say, "Hey, my parents and cousins all use the potty, maybe I should too!". I'm sure at some point, I'll have to really work at it. I do want them completely potty-trained by the time they're three, but they still have plenty of time. And, honestly, changing diapers doesn't really bother me that much (although it would be nice to have the money we spend on diapers).
It's so hard for me to grasp how different my children will be in a year. My "babies" will definitely no longer be babies. And while I will take some credit for giving them as much love as possible, they are the ones who deserve all of the kudos. God has blessed them so richly and I'm so excited to see what He has in store for the coming year and beyond!
No comments:
Post a Comment