Friday, May 8, 2009

Poor Karyssa is cursed with my pinkie toenail. It sticks straight up. On Tuesday, as I was feeding Kyran, she started crying - and not just, I'm hungry, feed me crying - I'm in pain crying. I looked over at her bassinet and there was blood on the side. She had gotten her toenail caught up in the netting on the side of the bassinet and pulled it back! I put Kyran down and made sure she was alright. She seemed fine, but our main problem now is that they don't make band-aids small enough to fit on her little toe!

Luckily, Kyran has become a very happy, smiley baby who likes to babble a lot, so he just sat in his boppy chair smiling at me as I tried to make her feel better. Thank God for moments like that!

I'm getting so excited about this weekend! Tomorrow night, we're going to bring Kyran and Karyssa back to the NICU to visit some of their nurses and RTs. Sunday is the baby dedication and Mother's Day! I'm so happy to be able to dedicate the babies and also excited about being able to share them with all of our church family! I feel like we've been hiding a treasure for the last four months and that it's finally time to spread the wealth around!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aww, poor sweet Karyssa. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX