"Someday you might know what I'm going through, when a miracle smiles up at you."
Those is a line from one of my favorite country songs, and now I really understand. I'm convinced that there is nothing more beautiful in this world than your own children's smiles. Children that you hoped for, prayed for, gave up caffiene and sweets for. Children who make your life better just by being in it. Their smiles can put me from being in the worst mood, to being in the best mood. It is impossible for me not to smile while they are smiling at me. And it's mesmerizing...I just can't look away until they stop smiling! I feel like someone has taken my heart and put in these two little bodies, and when their bodies are so happy that they smile, I feel that happiness inside of me. I guess that sounds a little weird, but that's what being a mom feels like to me.
Speaking of being a mom, Sunday is Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day as a mother. I am so excited and I am getting the best gift of all! We will be dedicating our children to Christ on this day! During the 11:30 service at North Point Community Church (532 N. Brickyard Road), Jason and I will have Kyran and Karyssa dedicated. We do this because we believe that baptism is a decision that should be made when a person is old enough to symbolically turn his or her life over to God. This is our promise to raise them in Him and teach them to love and live by His example.
We hope that, if you can, you will join us for this occasion. This will be a great chance for them to meet some of our closest friends and some of the many people who have been praying for them over the past several months.
3 comments:
Mother's Day! What a great day to celebrate the 2 gifts that God has given you and to give them back to Him with a promise that you will raise them according to His will! I will certainly be there in spirit. May God bless you as a mother, and continue to bless your family.
Heather and Travis are dedicating Morgan Kate this Sunday too. I can't think of a better way to spend your first Mother's Day - dedicating your sweet babies to the God who created them and dedicating yourself to raising them to know Him. Happy Mother's Day (early)
Morgan Kate's grandmother
My dad and I danced to this song at my wedding... yeah, tell Jason to try that years down the road... i lay "10 to 1" he wont get through it! haha :)
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment