Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy. So there ought to be one fairy for every boy or girl." ~ From the book Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie.

There is one new fairy in the world! I know that Karyssa is not the first baby to ever laugh, but when she laughed for the first time yesterday, it was powerful enough to create a whole new family of fairies. It was, quite possibly, the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

She was just smiling at me, and then, all of a sudden, there it was. Just a little "hee hee". At first I wasn't sure if it was really a laugh or just a sound, but then she did it again, and I knew for sure. I immediately pulled out the camera to try to record it, but she froze up and just stared at the camera, no laughs or even smiles.

I think one of the wonderful things about being a parent is that there isn't a day that goes by that you don't have at least one new memory to cherish.

Last night, Kyran was a little fussy, so I picked him up to try to burp him. While I was holding him, I felt a heartbeat. I couldn't figure out if it was mine or his! I guess I'll never know, but for that little while, I almost felt like he was back inside, and that we were one again! It's unbelieveable how powerful little moments can be now!

This weekend was a lot of fun, as Aunt Tammy and her boyfriend, Carey, came to visit. Aunt Tammy brought adorable little presents that she and Dr. Cristina bought. Take a look!










Aunt Tammy and Carey with the babies


Our other "babies". Bella (left) and Tammy's dog Molly really are just playing, but don't they look scary?!?


This is what they look like when they're being nice...

...and this was them two years ago!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX