I know that many women cannot physically nurse, others choose not to for various reasons, and some babies cannot latch properly or tolerate breastmilk. I am so grateful that I have been able to successfully nourish both of my babies with what God has given me, and at the same time, have a special way to bond with them.
When I first told people that I planned to breastfeed twins, I got some weird looks that were a little discouraging. But when our preemie twins were born, I was more dedicated than ever to provide this nourishement for them. Because Kyran and Karyssa missed almost the entire last trimester of development during my pregnancy, they were born without many antibodies to help them fight infection. This is the reason that we have not been able to take them anywhere or introduce them to many of you. The breastmilk, however, does provide them with antibodies that will make them stronger and more resistant to infections during their babyhood.
One other benefit to nursing is that the cost has been limited only to a pump. The special formula that the babies would need would cost us over $200 a month now, and even more the bigger they get and more food they need. We have been told of the power of tithing, and believe this is one of the ways that God has provided for our family, fulfilling His promise in Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts. “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."
I truly believe that God has blessed our family with this gift, and I am so thankful to Him every day, for this among the millions of blessings he has given us!
My mom has the ability to take still photos from video on her camera. Take a look at our happy babies!!
1 comment:
I so look forward to meeting the twins on Monther's Day. These pictures are just precious, those smiles are absolutely contagious...and what an appropriate blog and testimony to Pastor John's sermons on tithing these recent weeks :) Amy
Post a Comment