Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Warning: Poop story...if you get grossed out easily, Do Not Keep Reading!

We had the blowout of all blowouts last night.

Karyssa is not a regular girl. In the NICU, if she went 24 hours without pooping, they would give her a suppository. Since bringing her home, our pediatrician says that as long as she's not too fussy and her stomach isn't hard, that we don't need to worry about it, so we've only had to give her two.

Yesterday she was fussy, so I knew it was about time, but she beat us to the punch. When I was feeding Kyran, I heard it and turned to look at Karyssa who had a very surprised look on her face. I finished feeding Kyran and realized what the look was for when I went to change her. Apparently the diaper couldn't hold it all. It was all the way up not only her back, but also her stomach. I wiped her down as much as I could with baby wipes, stipped her carefully so as not to get the poop from her onesie on her face, and put her in the bathtub to finish cleaning her.

She had managed to get her hands in it, despite my best efforts to stop her, so I thouroughly scrubbed them first. She was not happy about the bath, but as it turns out, Bella (our dog) was happy about the bag-o-poop I left in our bedroom, so I had yet another mess to clean up when I finished her bath.

I finally got her dressed, swaddled and to sleep, and calmed Kyran who had started crying during this ordeal, right as Jason walked in the door. Of course!

Oh, the joys of being a mom...but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a span of about week, Punky decided that she was going to only go once a day. One day, she had to go, so she went ... .all over the place. Pretty much as you described. Kerry wasn't home, but Uncle Mat happened to be over talking me though some show design stuff. So, he was able to lend a hand as I used up half a box of wipes trying to clean her up, and solve the riddle of how to remove her clothes without simultaneously removing her dignity.

Since that time, we sat down and had a little father daughter chat. I informed her, in no uncertain terms, that she WILL be making poops at least twice a day until further notice.

We now have an understanding....

Rebecca said...

I am just glad I am not the only one with a poo eating dog. Seriously. The babies are precious! I love reading the updates!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX