Last Thursday, we got up early and drove to Tampa to take the kids to the Lowry Park Zoo. "Wow" is all I can say. It is a great zoo, but it also has a log flume ride,
kiddie roller coaster,
splash pad
and so much more! I guess that's why it was
kiddie roller coaster,
splash pad
and so much more! I guess that's why it was
At this age, I think our zoo is better for Karyssa and Kyran, but the still had a great time, and I can't wait to take them back next summer.
We had free admission with our home zoo passes, because a lot of the zoos have reciprocal agreements with each other. This was a good thing, because Lowry Park Zoo is a good bit more expensive than ours.
Here are a few of our favorite exhibits and activities:
Ready to see some animals!
The waterfall at the ape exhibit
Pretty big tree...they built the boardwalk around it.
Outdoor penguin exhibit...those were some hot birds!
Grandmommy got to ride a camel!
Hard to see, but that's a manatee...so beautiful!
Shark!!
Can't have a Florida zoo without alligators
The eagle
The gecko...believe it or not, the exhibit was sponsored by Geico...
And I've saved the best for last:
Up close and personal with the giraffe...Kyran wanted to get closer, Karyssa, not so much.
I love giraffes! What beautiful animals!
Karyssa warmed up a little.
Apparently they don't really like to be pet...Kyran and I kept trying and they would just move away.
Wow! What a beautiful and powerful animal!
Thanks for our favorite animals, Grandmommy!
They took a long nap when we got home, although Karyssa woke up a little earlier than Kyran and got some extra pool time. That night, we went out to eat with some of my mom's best friends and had a great time!
From front left to front right: Karyssa, Grandmommy, John Schenato, Kathy Schenato, Jamie Montgomery (Kathy's daughter), Lynn Ruck, Bobbi Cullinan, Greta Hyde, Talyse, Kyran
A little history of the people in this picture: My mom has known John, Lynn, Bobbi and Greta since elementary school, and met Kathy in high school. Kathy actually met and dated my dad first, when my dad lived in South Carolina. He then went to the University of South Florida for college, where he met and began dating my mom (a while after he and Kathy broke up). To repay Kathy for introducing them, they had my sister on Kathy's birthday (like that was really planned), and years later, my mom re-acquainted Kathy and John, who had dated in high school, and they were married shortly thereafter!
What a great history my mom has with her friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment