Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Word Wednesday

Since I missed last week's New Word Wednesday, here are the new words from the past two weeks:

Karyssa:
Glasses - ga (this one is actually from three weeks ago)
Quack
Bread
Right Back
Lollipop (lalala - to request the lollipop song)
Balloon - buh-luh

Kyran:
Open
Pee-pee
Baby
Baa
Play
Gobble
Lollipop (pop, with a finger in his mouth to make the popping sound my mom does when singing the song)
Beep
No, no, no (while wagging his finger at something he isn't supposed to touch)

As usual, most of the words are missing their final consonants, but they are showing such a great understanding of things and trying to say so much!  They also just babble, sometimes while shrugging their shoulders, as if to say, "Why don't you understand me, Mommy?". 

On Monday of our vacation, I dropped Jason off at the airport and then my mom, dad and I took Kyran, Karyssa, Marley and Kahlan to the Red Sox/Rays game.  Going to a sporting event with four little ones and 2.5 adults (my dad was taking pictures for a lot of the time) is, literally, a whole new ballgame!  My whole 7th inning was taken up by diaper changes.  I wasn't able to watch a lot of the game, and when the home-run ball came in our direction, I was covering Kyran's head instead of reaching for the ball. 

Even though they didn't pay much attention to the game, they seemed to have a great time playing together and people-watching.  And even though we were dressed in Red Sox clothes at the Rays' ballpark, we got so many comments from fans of both teams about how adorable the kids were!  See for yourself!

Hanging out at the McKinnon's


Marley and KK with the McKinnon twins




Giving Pops a high-five


"Tailgating" before the game




Heading into the dome


My little Red Sox girl!


Kyran wanted a closer look!


We lost, but still had a great time!


I'm tired and ready for bed...

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX