1. Karyssa is becoming more and more independent every day. She asks for help when she really needs it, but will push us away if she thinks she can do it on her own.
2. On the ferry in the Outer Banks, the man driving the boat honked the horn at another boat. Karyssa and Kyran both were startled at first, but then Kyran got excited. I asked him where the horn had come from, expecting him to point up to where the noise came from, but instead, he pressed on his nose and said "honk honk"! He did this to himself and me several more times, before resting his head on my shoulder and cuddling with me for several minutes. What a feeling!
3. Karyssa has developed the habit of puckering up whenever she does something wrong. She thinks being cute and sweet will help her get out of trouble. Oh how early little girls learn! Of course, I kiss her, and then still scold her for whatever she just did.
4. Kyran and Karyssa love to dance and they even dance in the car! Sometimes they will lift their arms and try to snap their fingers, like they do at home. Sometimes Karyssa will clap along with the song. Kyran has recently started moving his head back and forth to the rhythm of the music, especially rap songs. On the way home from our trip, Kyran was asleep, and a rap song came on the radio. He began slowly rocking his head back and forth, and eventually woke himself up! I think we have a sleep-dancer on our hands!
5. Karyssa loves to play with my fingernails. The funny thing is, I used to do the same thing to my mom. She'll take her little fingertip and push back the top of my nail. She usually does this when we are cuddling, and it's just one more way that I can tell how much my daughter is a little me!
6. Last night, we went to a ice cream social at our church. It was so much fun! Jason played Minute to Win It and I played Name That Tune. Kyran and Karyssa played with all of the little kids, who are crazy about them! At the end, we sang a few worship songs, and Kyran decided that he only wanted to be held by me. This doesn't happen very often, so when it does, it's a nice feeling. At that point, they played the song "Mighty to Save". This is one of my favorite Christian songs, and it used to play a lot when I was on the way to the hospital to visit the babies. I still can't make it through it without crying. So, last night was just perfect. Holding my 21 lb (estimate), healthy son in my arms and dancing to that song was a dream come true!
7. They love books. Before every nap and before bed time, as soon as we walk in the room it's "book, book, book"! When we finish, they want us to start again. It's so hard to say no to my children when they want to read!
8. Speaking of hard to say no, they've both mastered saying and signing "please". I've been trying my best to explain to them that some things are just not meant for them, and no matter how many times they say please, or how cute the look on their faces are when they say it, they just can't have it.
9. Karyssa got her first skinned knee on Saturday. Jason was washing the cars and we were playing outside. She started going a little too fast on the driveway, fell and skinned her knee. She doesn't cuddle much anymore, but boy did she cuddle with me then. It still breaks my heart to see my children in pain, especially bleeding!
10. Kyran loves to play peek-a-boo! At random times, he'll put his hands over his eyes (or just his nose), and wait until I ask "Where's Kyran?". Then he flings his hands open and gives me the biggest smile ever! After about two times of this, Karyssa joins in on the fun too!
11. Although they are not yet tall enough to climb on our couch, they have figured out if they climb in their rocking chair, they can then climb over the arm of the couch. This takes up a lot of their day now, as they love to climb on the chair, over to the couch, slide down from the couch and then do it over and over again!
12. They love the theme song of "Who's The Boss". It's usually on during their lunch time, and they just light up and start dancing when they hear it...especially Karyssa. They love to dance to it, but love it even more when I make up funny dances and "perform" for them.
13. As I was leaving to head to a meeting this evening, Karyssa started crying. I knelt down and she walked over, gave me a kiss and a long hug, and then let me go. What a sweet girl!
14. Last Friday, Marley and KK ran up to give me hugs and got me a little off-balance. I fell backwards and immediately Kyran started crying. He's so protective of his mommy already!
15. We took them to their first "concert" on Saturday evening. A friend of mine from grade school is in a wonderful kids band called "Lunch Money" and we decided to take them to see the band play. Karyssa and Kyran both loved dancing to the music, and watching all of the other kids dance. After about 4 songs, it started to pour. We were under an awning, but the rain was coming inside sideways, so we played in the dripping water while the band finished up!
16. I've posted a picture before of Kyran winking. It's so adorable! He'll do it on command or randomly to pretty ladies. Karyssa will also "bat her eyelashes", meaning she tilts her head to the side, smiles, and blinks a few times in a row. My children already know how to flirt!
These are just a few of the million things that I never want to forget about my children. So many of my friends' kids had their first day of school today, and I just know that it will seem like the blink of an eye when I am writing on here about their first day. I'm so glad that they are growing so well and learning so much, but I sure do wish I could stop time sometimes!
Hanging out with the ladies at a birthday party
Playing in the rain at the concert
Earrings!
I'm sorry, Mommy. How about a kiss?
Starting to stand on his own briefly!
No comments:
Post a Comment