Friday, September 24, 2010

The Cutest Things

I'm convinced - as is every mom on earth, I think - that my kids are the cutest things in the world.  Every day, they do something new to keep me convinced of this. 

For instance, recently, Karyssa has started asking, "Lap, please."  This is one thing I have not been able to say no to.  Even when Kyran is already in my lap, I just make room.  She has also started running up to me for hugs.  It completely melts my heart. 

Kyran's kisses now come complete with the "mmmmmmmmmuah" sound, and he loves to wake me up with true love's kiss when I pretend to be asleep.  And just this morning, during his speech therapy session, he "sang" an entire verse of Ten Little Monkeys!  Most of the words were not right, or in the right places, but the rhythm was right and he shook his finger at the "no more monkeys" part, right on cue!  Sarah and I just sat there with our mouths hanging open in shock!

Lincoln, my nephew, slept almost the whole time we were at lunch on Tuesday after the zoo.  Now, every time I say "Lincoln", Karyssa says "shhhhh" with her finger to her mouth.  I think Lincoln may always be the sleeping baby to her, even though he's five months older and looks twice as big. 

Wednesday night at dinner, our new home phone rang.  The only calls we get on this phone are telemarketers (about 4-7 calls a day), so we picked it up and handed it to Kyran.  He had a nice, nonsensical chat with the woman, including a big belch in her ear, and when he accidentally hung up, she called back! 

Karyssa takes the biggest bites of bananas that I have ever seen!  They both like bananas, but Kyran will take whatever bite I put in his mouth.  Karyssa, on the other hand, takes my hand and pushes it so that she can get as much banana in her mouth as she can, and then bites. 

The other day, as the kids were eating lunch, I had on the movie Rudy.  Kyran, from in the kitchen, saw the screen, put his hands in the air and yelled "football"!  He also recognized the footballs on grandmommy's earrings last Saturday.  I really think both of my kids are going to be sports fans!

Their new thing is doing somersaults.  Karyssa stands up and bends over, while Kyran pushes himself into the same position from the ground.  They push like they're trying to roll forward, and then just flop over on their sides.  Today they did it at the exact same time, at the same angle.  It was so cute!

Their giggles and smiles are so contagious, and they just love to make each other and us laugh.  Karyssa still has her giggle fits, and Kyran's belly laugh still makes him fall over sometimes. 

They love to pretend, and make adorable slurping sounds while pretending to drink.  They also pretend to chew while they're watching Bella eat. 

We are so blessed to have such smart, sweet babies, and nothing will ever convince me that they're not the cutest things ever!
My cuties spinning in Daddy's work chair

1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

They, along with all my grandbabies, ARE the cutest things ever! My children were before but they all have you beat now!! :}

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX