Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Word Wednesday and the Ever-Changing Schedule

Here are the new words that they "have" this week:

Karyssa:
Elmo
Hair
Doll
Duck
Cheese
Chicken
Table
Spoon
Open
Jump
Yeah
Clock
Apple
Bone
Rock (as in a rocking horse...rock, rock)

Kyran:
Eat
Elmo
Off
Go Cocks (he's been saying this for a while, but I wanted it on here)
Clock
Block
One Minute (with a finger up)
Kick (while kicking his foot)

The biggest news for Kyran is his use of the phrase "I want to go".  It sounds like "I wan go" and usually ends with either bed, up, bye bye, and just the other night, he said "I wan go to car"!  I almost fainted.  They are both doing so well and really showing their mastery of so many words! 

Since I haven't put up a schedule recently, I wanted to put up the schedule of a sample day (with no therapies).  It is always changing, and it seems like we may be down to one nap before too long, but for now, they still like their afternoon nap, which is great for me!

8:00 a.m. - Wake up/Breakfast/Playtime
9:30 a.m. - Walk around neighborhood
10:00 a.m. - Playtime/Snack
11:00 a.m. - Nap
1:00 p.m. - Wake up/Lunch
2:00 p.m. - Play time
3:30 p.m. - Light snack
4:00 p.m. - Nap
5:00 p.m. - Snack/Playtime
6:00 p.m. - Daddy's home!
7:00 p.m. - Dinner
8:00 p.m. - Bath on bath nights/bedtime stories
8:30 p.m. - Bedtime

Our playtime is so varied.  Sometimes we all three play or read together.  Sometimes I let the two of them play together, and sometimes they play independently while I just watch.  I love watching the way their minds work and how creative and imaginative they are becoming!

Since it's getting cooler, we were able to play outside for a while the other day.  Of course, that meant them heading in different directions with me scrambling to keep them out of the street and off the driveway!




And a mini photo shoot with Kyran (Karyssa won't sit still long enough!). 








No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX