Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Word Wednesday and More Forget Me Nots

Here are the new words they have added to their "spontaneous word" list. 

Kyran:
Milk
Knee
Up (he's been saying "bup", and now says "up")
Good (which he said in response to the doctor asking him how he was...she almost fainted)
Giraffe (raffe)
Nose
Toes
Work
Bird
Amen
Boo

Karyssa:
Nose
Dog
Bike
Ear
Giraffe (jaffe)
Shoe
Toes
Work
Bib
Bird
Amen

It is amazing to me how many words they know, and how much they understand.  They follow directions now very well, but also think it's hysterical to not do what I tell them to.  They definitely encourage each other to misbehave, so we're working on some consequences.  Time-out isn't working as well now, because the one who is not in time-out, throws toys over the edge of the pack-n-play to the one who is.  If I put them both in there, they just play and don't realize they're in time-out. 

It's a work in progress...

Forget Me Nots

Karyssa is in a new phase where she wants to hold my hand while going up the stairs.  This makes Kyran also want to hold my hand.  They also want to both be in my lap when I read to them.  I love it!!!

The new thing Kyran likes to do is to "sneak up" on me while I'm on the couch.  He'll crawl over and pull himself up in front of me slowly, then put his head over the top and say "boo"!  I pretend to jump and he laughs so hard he falls over and does it all again! 

When Karyssa is really tired at night, she will throw her head back or turn her body around to let me know that she doesn't want to cuddle anymore, just get in bed and go to sleep. 

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX